Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Family History / Research I must be outa my mind :(

I never pictured myself doing a blog. So here goes nothing. Be kind I will get better as time goes by. This is a little awkward but I guess it will get easier sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.
We all at one time or another wonder about our Family history. What dark secrets are there to find. Kinda like being a explorer. Your just tracking down relatives that you never knew existed. Face it we all want to have that one great adventure in our lives.I started out all excited and gun ho. Then I hit my brick wall. Darn it there are relatives hiding from me me, sweet lovable me. How dare them. Well all I could do was roll up my sleeves and keep on digging. I was NOT going to let that relative hide forever. Yes I am stubborn. But that can be a good thing. You have to be stubborn when you are looking into the past. Real stubborn.
I am in great hopes of meeting not just relatives, but others who share my hobby/ obession, Yes it does become an obession. Another section of my adventure begins. I will tell you about some of my triumphs and my failures.But for now since I am a little unsure of myself I will let this be enough for now.

1 comment:

  1. I have the names of my father's parents... James Skelton and Ola Bowman. I think James' mother's name was Katie. James had two brothers, Ira and David, and a sister Katheryn. I also know that a few other names associated with us are: Harry Skelton, Rabe Skelton, Cliff and Helen Skelton Parent, and Alonzo and Rebecca Bowman.
    James' father, I'm fairly sure, was Joseph Bingham Skelton, he was a locomotive engineer. If my info is correct, he was born in LA, 25 April 1888. Joe's father Frank, and the three children appear in the 1900 census in Gainsville, Hancock, Mississippi. He is listed as widowed, and according to family tree connections, his late wife was an Anne Skelton Lunn. They immigrated to America in 1870.

    I'm not confident about Anne, but my quest continues...

    ReplyDelete